Incoming students - studying at the KIT-Department of Civil Engineering, Geo and Environmental Sciences
Our KIT-Department offers practice-oriented and contemporary teaching in the form of seminars, lectures, lab courses, field work, etc. 39 professors and a broad-based teaching staff offer a wide range of teaching areas across the Campus. Students benefit from the friendly atmosphere and enjoy studying in a caring environment with advisors and service points.
Regular studies for degree seekers
International students benefit from our wide range of study programs within our KIT-Department. With our master courses in English, it is possible to study successfully with less knowledge of German, depending on the subject.
Required language skills at the KIT-Department BGU are:
- a German language certificate on level B1 of the CEFR, if only courses in German language are to be attended or
- an English language certificate on level B2 of the CEFR, if only courses in English are to be attended, or
- both language certificates (a B1 CEFR level in German and a B2 CEFR level in English), if courses in both languages are to be attended.
More information on the general guidelines for language requirements are on the KIT International Students Office page on applying for a bachelor's programme.
In order to cope with your everyday life in Karlsruhe and at KIT, we strongly recommend all applicants to learn German. You can
- either attend a German course in your country before your arrival at KIT
- or take part in a pre-semester German course at KIT
- or attend a German course during your studies at KIT
Benefit from free language courses: Every student at KIT can attend one language course per semester free of charge. You can choose to learn or improve your German or learn another foreign language.
You would like to experience KIT as an exchange student for one or two semesters? Exchange programs such as Erasmus or Eucor offer an appropriate framework. Overseas exchange with KIT and free movers are welcome, too. General information about requirements, application, etc. are on the KIT International Students Office website. Here are the current possibilities that you have at our KIT-Department: